Friday, 6 November 2009

"Dance Into The Future" - New Original Song By Me


Dance into the future, baby,
Walk into the light,
Kick the dirt from under your feet,
And dance right out of sight.

The future's round the corner, baby,
Calling me back home,
I'm walking in my new shoes,
In the places that I roam.

Dance into the future, baby,
I'm laughing all the way,
Nothing's gonna make me blue,
It's a golden sunny day.


© 11/2009

14 comments:

Bernie said...

Another fun poem, I do so enjoy reading them. They make me feel happy so I know you must be as well.....:-) Hugs

Robert said...

The maxim at the start of your post is the one I live by. I like the song too :)

Jinksy said...

Wish I could hear a live performance!

Leo said...

Wish I could hear a live performance! [2]

You could record it Irmao :D

Sandi McBride said...

A love song for all seasons...good job Sweetie! Now, lets hear you sing it!
xo
Sandi

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Ah always a pleasure to hear from you again dear Donnie. Just lovely.

Helena said...

Sweet words for a sweet tune..? Wish I could hear it, too!

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

You will always dance into the future, Donny!! With fervor, class and grace~ xoxoxox

Saz said...

Great translation of one of my favourite verses!!!

live, love , long!!


saz x

RiverPoet said...

Donnie, my friend, I hope you are well. I see you haven't blogged in awhile, and you'll find that GirlyRanch is shut down. Come visit me at Poetic License again, where I am blogging with honesty and verve once again.

It was a bad situation I got out of, narrowly. Please write me privately and I'll fill you in.

Peace - D

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

Donny....Just checkin' on you. Prayers and love that all is well~

xoxoxox

Carol

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

Very nice, with a peppy vibe, but also poignant. Good job!

Next, a youtube video with a musical accompaniment perhaps?

Jean said...

Donnieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... how have you been my dearest friend?? After so long away from my blog, I am trying to come back... do go and see what I have been up to... LOve you dearly!!! muuuuuaaaacccccckkk!!

Jean said...

And certainly Donnie honey... I would looooove to hear this song! Know what? I have a very good friend who has just singed a contract with the Warner Bros and is recording his first record... and he has asked me to write a few songs for him... what if we send him some of yours?? The newspapers have said about him: "you see? Heaven has a voice... and it's him!"Love ya lots!!