Wednesday, 7 October 2009

New Home Sweet Home!


Sorry I haven't been around to visit blogs or write a new post here for over one month... :(

You see I had been house-hunting here for over 4 months and now (after renting a different holiday apartment every month for those 4 months - yes, moving every single month = nightmare!) I have finally found a fixed apartment!

So onto another new start....
But now the real fun begins: moving all my things from my old home to the new one, drilling holes in walls for pictures, mirrors and curtain poles, putting up curtains, installing washing machine, setting up my home entertainment room, setting up PC, decorating the guest room (Dad's room) decorating the bedroom, buying endless new stuff seen in shops that "will look great in bedroom, bathroom, Dad's room, Living Room..." and the list goes on...
But it's great that I have a strong hunky Boyfriend to help me with all the heavy stuff! hehe ;)

If anyone is a dab hand at putting up curtains, picking out duvets and sheets, cleaning rugs, and all those things that Mum, Auntie Pat, Auntie Linda and Nanny did so well please let me know any tips or hints as I am useless with all those things and so stressed! and I can't wait until I'm all settled into my new Home Sweet Home!!

And I promise I'll try to be around more often! I will "Resume Normal Business" as soon as all the stress is over!

Oh, and I almost forgot: Yaaaaay! Rio 2016!!!!! Big parties here!!!!! :)
After Rio de Janeiro winning the official award for the "World's Happiest City" it was a wonderful "icing on the cake" by being chosen to host the Olympics! Oh yes It's going to be beautiful! :D




17 comments:

Maggie May said...

Congratulations on finding a permanent home!
The only tip I can give you is...... avoid a build up of clutter. We have more than forty years worth of stuff that we should have thrown out years ago but didn't!
Brilliant that you are starting off with lovely new things.
Brilliant that Rio has been chosen for the Olympics!
Look forward to your regular posts. X

Nuts in May

Ayak said...

Good luck and much happiness in your new home. I'm with Maggie on avoiding the build-up of clutter, it's a nightmare and there are just never enough cupboards wherever you live. Do some streamlining and de-cluttering every couple of months...be ruthless and dispose of things you really don't need.

As far as tips for furnishings curtains etc are concerned, I would just say go with your own instincts, because this will reflect your personality and you will feel comfortable living with what's around you. Unless you can afford an interior designer who will take note of your needs, it can sometimes be a mistake to take furnishing/colour advice from friends or family.

And well done Rio!!

Bernie said...

I thought of you when Rio won the Olympic bid....were you at the party celebrating? Way to go Rio!
New apartment looks lovely, you will have much fun decorating it...fresh start my friend, new beginnings. Lots of luck and love,
as always......:-) Hugs

Jinksy said...

New apartment looks great - wish I was near enough to help with the curtains, duvets, sheets, etc. I love all that home furnishing stuff!

Anonymous said...

Oh I do so envy you starting a new home from scratch. My suggestion would be to start as a minimalist - sofa [s] coffee table, white walls, and a bed of course. then the best part, taking your time, sit back and look around, make lots of lists, visit lots of shops, compare prices and most importantly, make a mood board with swatches of material, paint colours and pictures of rooms you admire in magazines. And all the best to you in your new home. XXX

Akelamalu said...

May I wish you every happiness in your new home. You'll show us pictures when you've got everything straight won't you? :)

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

So exciting! But hard work too. You sound very happy though and I hope this new stage of your life is a very good one indeed. I thought of you when the Olympic results were announced. Should be a great time to be in Rio.

All the best dear friend. Glad life is owrking out well for you. X

Expat mum said...

So they looked at the 4 cities in the ring and said "Oooh. Who knows how to host a big party?" Derrrr. Go Rio!!!!
And as far as your colours, look at any current "home decor" photo or fabric. They will have all the harmomising colours in there. Don't stray from those colours. You've already paid their designers for coming up with the palette.
Glad you are doing so well. When is dad coming?
You have to let him do a blog post.

Anonymous said...

A new apartment will be fabulous for you, wishing you lots of happy days there.

CJ xx

I LOVE FRANCE said...

Hya
Glad you dont have to move every month now.
Good luck in your new home.
Great news also for the olympics.
Advice on putting things up always always measure twice and cut once as the saying goes.
I always tell my partner this and after years he is only getting it right now .
looking forward to photos of your new abode,i bet you have great style.
oh and ps lovely to do a room up just for your daddy so sweet
Andrea

Pam said...

glad to see you're still alive. hehe ;0) congratulations on finding a permanent place. moving is not fun!

congrats to rio getting the olympics (as they have never hosted). some here in u.s. think obama had something to do w why chicago didn't get pick. i think that's a crock o' poo lol

anyways, i, too, apologize for not dropping by or at least emailing! been a bit busy w classes, but i'm getting better :0)

Helena said...

This post has cheered up a dreary Sunday for me! Nice to see you back and with such good news!

Robert said...

I'm sending you my very best wishes for happiness in your new home :)

Just Louise said...

Hey Donnie -

I'm just getting around to looking at your last comment on our blog! How cool is it that you and Claudhino have the same anniversary as Thelma and Louise??

I wish you all the best in decorating the new place. Much love, T&L

Grumpy Old Ken said...

Moved over a year ago. My wife packed over 70 boxes to take plus furniture. Good luck.

glenda said...

Just found your blog and been reading all about--love love it,I will be back tomorrow

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

Welcome Home, Donny! Wish I was nearby to help with everything. I can't wait to see pics when you're through~