Sunday, 20 July 2008

Home Sweet Home... Again



Soon I will be moving once again... to a new city here in Brasil. This is a plan that I have had for over a year now and I am finally getting there!

I have seen a few houses and have finally found the perfect one; quite a new and modern house, 4 bedrooms, one en-suite, large 2-level living room, big kitchen, a games room in the basement - which will be an ideal room for Bridget and Lucy, as Minnie always stays with me and lives in my bedroom (these are my dogs for who doesn't know me) There are balconies on every bedroom and one leading out onto the large garden from the kitchen. All rooms are full of light from wonderful big windows and the rooms are full of brazilian wooden beams, staircases leading up to each level and beautiful marble floors. The garden is perfect for the girls to run around in as it is all surrounded by walls and it's very private and secure too... there aren't any neighbours nearby, only way up the road, which is excellent! The view from the windows and bedrooms is fantastic! a complete view of nature: mountains, forests and deep blue skies. The garden is also full of fruit trees: limes, tangerines and papaya.

I won't be moving until a couple of months from now but at least the house-hunting part is over, the next part will be the worst: packing up everything and moving, I hate all of that! But once it is all done with it will be great and so much better than the house I am living in now...

This house that I have lived in for the past 3 years is full of problems, the garden is the best thing about it, however inside the house is a nightmare as in the Winter and cold weather it is full of damp problems, particularly the downstairs living room which thanks to the damp mould that appears on the walls is unliveable, so the room was never set up to be used and I have lived out of boxes for 3 years (and being a Taurus this is hell for me!) My living room furniture has stayed unused and stored away in the basement at the bottom of the house for the past 3 years and, apart from the kitchen, I mostly live in the upstairs of the house especially my bedroom which has become the sleeping area and living room combined, chock full with my television, home theatre, bed, desk, e.t.c...

So as you can imagine I have never been happy here... adding to this the fact that this house doesn't have a "good soul"- something that I have come to recognise in every house that I have ever lived in or visited. Maybe it's a spiritual thing or maybe it's just because I am a very sensitive person but I can always sense these things and can also sense when a spirit is near me too. This house here is a very unhappy house, maybe something bad happened here in the past or maybe it has just never seen any joy of life... needless to say that in the last 3 years that I have lived here this sense of depression has attached itself to me and I can't wait to escape the darkness of this place, I always sense some very bad spirits and bad karma here.

The 3 times that I have been to the new house in the new city I have felt nothing but joy, lightness, happiness and goodness in it's "soul" it felt like home already and when I entered the house for the first time I felt like I was home: happy and safe.... something that I felt when my Mum took me along to our family home in London the first time that we viewed it when I was 11 years old... She always trusted my instinct and would always ask me if I felt o.k. there when we looked at a new house and if I felt it had a good soul, if it felt like a happy place. That house became our family home and my Dad lives there until today and we have had a lot of good memories there. It is the only place that I can honestly call "home" and maybe because of my Mum and my family it always will be... but hopefully in a couple of months I will feel at home once again in the wonderful new happy house with the good soul and the kind heart.

8 comments:

Maggie May said...

I was interested in the fact that you could "pick up" different feelings in a house because sometimes I feel this type of thing too.You are going to be moving into a massive house then, four bedrooms!
Somehow or other, I didn't think Brasil would have damp & mould problems!

® ♫ The Brit ♪ ® said...

Hi Maggie!
Yes I've always had this strange gift...I can even feel it when I walk into a friend's house.
And yes many people think that all of Brasil is just very hot but in fact the place where I live is very cold and damp in the winter time as it is very high in the mountains and close to many waterfalls, the place is very humid always!
Unfortunately this house here wasn't built very well, probably they used many cheap products, so the damp is terrible!!

Anonymous said...

I hope that you will be very happy in your new house - it sounds lovely! I'm sure the girls will be most contented there :-)

Now, I just need to find a lovely flat in Paris and I'll be sorted.....

take care and good luck moving - not that you'll need it! We're used to moving around, eh?

Peter

Georgina said...

Donnie, how wonderful for you and the girls!!! I do believe you get a feeling for a house. A home or not! I never settle in my ex's I always called it Amityville. All of the houses I have bought I have loved. All the best with the move Donnie and once you get there unpack your boxes. Debs x
Word Veri homesweethome

® ♫ The Brit ♪ ® said...

Hi Peter!
Thanks! I plan to move in 2 months time.
And yes it seems we sure do know all about moving! haha
Have a great week my friend!

® ♫ The Brit ♪ ® said...

Hi Debs!
Thanks! and I loved "Amityville" haha!
Yes I am so much looking forward to getting all my boxes unpacked... finally!! not to mention to finally settle in and feel "at home"!
Have a great week!

Jean said...

WOW, Donnie!!! So then there is an extra bedroom for when I visit!!!! I just loooove it!!! hahah
Muchos besos!!

® ♫ The Brit ♪ ® said...

Hi Dearest Jeannie!
Yes there will always be a spare bedroom for whenever you decide to visit! You will be more than welcome my Dearest Friend! and that goes without saying! :)
Muchos Besos!!