Friday, 21 March 2008

Home Is Where The Heart Is



What do we picture when we think of "home"?

I have had many homes, in several countries, homes of the bricks and mortar type, but I see my home as a person... my love

And wherever we go, whatever country that may be, whatever house, city or building we live in, I know that I will be home because there are 2 hearts beating together in time, in tune, in love.


I believe the sayings "Home Sweet Home" and "Home Is Where The Heart Is" were written for people we love in our lives and not buildings... think about it.

12 comments:

Jean said...

Hi Dearest Donnie!
Home certainly is not a group of brickes where we live... that is just a house. I believe home is where we feel and love and grow... where we feel to be ourselves, whether that is in the heart of out love or not. you know I have no love today, thus then that would mean I have no home... and my home is always where I feel happy and at my most!
Muchos besos!!!!!!!!!!

® ♫ The Brit ♪ ® said...

I agree Jeannie!
Home certainly is where we feel most happy, and being a Mother you must always feel at home with your girls.... I guess this is what I meant when I said home is my Love...who is my family and my rock.

"Home" for me, of the bricks and mortar type, will always be my family home in London where I grew up with my Mum and Dad, which always stays in my heart, frozen in time... so many wonderful memories.
Muchos Besos My Dear Friend!!

Jean said...

Exactly, Donnie!!!!
When I was 22 and moved nearer to my job, to an apartment, I remember always talking about my mother's house as "home"... which is where I am now, back after over 22 years living away from here, but always calling the place where I lived "the flat", never home!
So... in spite of the reasons of why I HAD to come back here, I am glad I can say that I am happy to be home at last!
Muchos besos, my dearest friend!!

maker said...

I agree fellow, everything I do is a temporary thing, what we have of true in this life is a source inside of us. how we can calls it?
I don't know, but it exists!
..Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

® ♫ The Brit ♪ ® said...

Dearest Jeannie!
So wonderful that you are back home again!
and I agree with you 100% - when I lived in my apartment in London, which was about 5 minutes away from my family home, I never called it "home" I never said "I'm going home" but always said "I'm going back to my apartment" Whenever I did say "I'm going home" it was when I was going to see my Mum and Dad in my real home, anywhere else has always just been a temporary living space.
Muchos Besos my dear friend!

® ♫ The Brit ♪ ® said...

Hi Maker!
Thank you for visiting my Blog and leaving a message!!
I agree and I believe that this source inside of us is a kind of "stability of the soul" something that is permanent and real, attached to the heart...
Wonderful words from John Lennon! Despite all the wars and negativity in the world I will always believe in peace, the possibility of calm in the world.
Please come back and comment whenever you want!
Abração

maker said...

thanks, I'll be back :)
and now just close your eyes an listen. bon voyage
http://www.jango.com/stations/734006;tunein?u=0&song_id=16857&proxy_id=2598331

maker said...

Hi, good news-not so- in my blog

São Luís origem das “tragédias dos Kennedy”.

Sala escura- BACALHAU - THE MOVIE!
go - please! Dá uma passadinha lé!
um abraço!
http://maker52-toquesgratis.blogspot.com/
ps -não gostou do miles davis em jango station?
boa noite

® ♫ The Brit ♪ ® said...

Hi Maker,
yes I loved the Miles Davis radio link! thank you!
I will go and take a look at your blog later...
abraços

maker said...

hi, mr. brit is a good experience to visit a few blogs, some new friends, writers.
I see More And More, and I feel, maybe, like you, a wonderful world inside, or behind of every human being.
today I receive from Howard Ely - Managing Editor - a email:
Act Quickly! Your Poem "Love's a long song" Is Currently Ranked As A Finalist!Act Quickly! Joao Domett, your poem Love's a long song is currently ranked as a finalist and you only need 20 votes to be eligible to win!
seemed serious, do you know poetry.com? Is real? Is a good thing? Why I win a contest with my poor enghish? I don't Know! Please tell me something!
um abraço - segue o endreço
http://www.poetry.com/voteforme/poemvote1.asp?PID=12874214

® ♫ The Brit ♪ ® said...

Hi Maker :)
Your poem is very good!
I do know poetry.com but I don't trust it... I have never posted any of my poems there as it always appeared to be a strange website, I'm not sure if it is legitimate or not... I don't trust sites like that...
abraços!

Leo said...

Hi Donnie!!!

Also think, that home, isn't a place, but with who we live, this is what makes we go on, that is the inspiration to live!

Abraços!